As Mother’s Day approaches, I’ve gotten several requests from husbands of a few readers for Mother’s Day gift ideas when regular chocolate won’t cut it anymore.
I’ve compiled a list of some of the things I’d want to get (hint-hint honey) and feel free to add your favorites in the comments! Some of these are definitely not your typical gifts but are ones that will help Mom be healthy and happy!
Gifts for Mom (that She Won’t Just Pretend She Loves)
How do you get a gift for the person that gave birth to you, cooked food for your entire childhood, and was at your side through teething/tantrums/friend drama/dating and all the other challenges of childhood?
It likely isn’t possible to find one gift that says “thanks for everything you’ve done for me” but I’ve compiled a list of gifts mom will be able to use and enjoy. These are gifts I’d give to my own mom or that I’d be thrilled to receive from my kids. Of course, nothing beats a heartfelt letter or handmade gift, but if you’ve already got those covered, here’s a list of some other ideas she’ll love!
- Amazon Prime Membership – Get free 2-day shipping on many items, plus free streaming music and movies.
- or Real Plans Membership – I love this meal planning service that lets me plan our meals each week in just minutes and shop in half the time. Give mom some time off by saving her time on meal planning and prep (and even better, plan and shop for her for a few weeks!)
- Shiatsu Massage Pillow – I received this as a gift and absolutely love it! It rivals an actual massage and I use it all the time after long days of cooking and holding babies.
- Hydroflask Water Bottle – These steel bottles are cute and really functional! They keep liquids cold for up to 24 hours and hot for up to 12.
- Royally Flawless Facial Moisturizer – Amazing facial oil with the highest quality ingredients and no junk! My mom loves this stuff and it is the only one I can use without breaking out.
- RTIC Tumbler – This one performs as well as the high-priced Yeti and I use mine all the time. Great for coffee, smoothies and water.
- Wake-up Light Gentle Alarm Clock – Waking up can stink, especially after a long night of being up with littles. Wake up gently to gradual light and sound with this wake-up light.
- Himalayan Salt Lamp – Soothing warm orange glow at night from these beautiful lamps.
- Blue Blocker Glasses – I wear these after dark for better sleep (some studies show that avoiding blue light after dark helps melatonin levels).
- Sleep Master Sleep Mask – A sleep mask that is actually comfortable! Great for travel or home.
- 10,000 Lux Happy Light – I use this super-bright light in the morning to keep my cortisol levels healthy.
- Anything Le Creuset – Incredible (but pricey) dishes. I’ve been collecting a few pieces over the years and resisting the urge to buy it all!
- Microwaveable Slippers – These slippers are super cozy for moms who always feel cold.
- Dry Brush – Brushing isn’t just for hair and teeth. Brushing skin can help it stay smooth, supple and may improve collagen. It also feels great and is super-relaxing. Get mom this pampering dry brush set.
- Low EMF Hair Dryer – Did you know that hairdryers product a LOT of EMFs?
- French Press Coffee Maker – Coffee is my sanity some days. If the mom in your life is the same way, help her ditch the toxic plastic coffee maker with a glass french press or any of these non-toxic coffee makers.
- Instant Pot – Revolutionize dinner! This electric pressure cooker makes roasts in about an hour and turns tough cuts of meat into deliciously tender meals.
- Grown-up Coloring Book and Markers – Coloring isn’t for kids anymore and studies show it may reduce stress levels. Try a “grown up coloring book.”
- Kokomo Cream Organic Deodorant – This natural deodorant smells like the tropics and last for months.
- The Wellness Mama Cookbook – Ok, I’m biased, but my new cookbook is filled with 200 delicious recipes that our family loves (and I know yours will too!). It’s also on sale right now!
- Blackout Curtains – Even a little light can interfere with sleep quality. We use blackout curtains to keep our room really dark.
- Wine Bottle Tiki Torch – Upcycle old wine bottle with these adorable tiki-torch kits.
Other fun gift ideas:
- A CSA share
- A picnic (if it isn’t too cold)
- Tickets to a local theatre or performing arts center
- A basket of seeds and gardening supplies
- Cooking classes, personal training or massage gift certificates
- Flowers- but give in a flower pot rather than cut flowers so she can enjoy them year-round!
- anything made by her kids 🙂
- Not having to cook or clean for a day (This is the one I really want!)
What are your favorite natural gifts for mothers? Please share below!
Continue Reading...Gift Ideas for Mom (That She Will Use and Love!)
from Blog – Wellness Mama® https://wellnessmama.com/4894/healthy-gift-ideas-for-mom/
via SEO Derby