Wednesday 28 October 2015

Cold Brew Coffee Recipe

How to make cold brew coffee 200x150

How to make cold brew coffee

“Police work wouldn’t be possible without coffee,” Wallander said.
“No work would be possible without coffee.”
They pondered the importance of coffee in silence.
-Henning Mankell, One Step Behind

For many people (ok, ok, including me), coffee is a favorite morning drink. For me, it has never been about the caffeine, as I like decaf just as much… I just enjoy the aroma and taste of coffee.

I don’t drink it every morning, but when I do, I typically drink it straight out of my favorite french press and blended with some butter, coconut oil and vanilla. Other days, I blend this same concoction into a tea of some kind or just enjoy some plain herbal tea.

Really, there are endless ways to drink coffee…just please- don’t drink the kind that comes in the coffee pods!

Lately, while I’ve been waiting for our weather to realize that it is actually Fall and not still Summer, I’ve been experimenting with cold brew coffee. Cold brew coffee is a huge step up from the iced coffee served in most coffee shops where hot coffee is poured over ice until cold and diluted.

Cold brew coffee, as the name suggests, actually brews the coffee cold, resulting in a less bitter and more aromatic cold coffee. Cold brew coffee is naturally slightly sweeter and incredibly easy to make.

Some people (like my dad) are coffee purists and would never even consider drinking it cold, but if you aren’t part of that group, give cold brew a try!

The only downside to this method is the time it takes (about 12 hours), but with a little advanced planning, you can brew coffee in your sleep (yay for multi-tasking!).

4.0 from 1 reviews
How to Cold Brew Coffee
 
Cold brew coffee is a method of brewing that uses cold water for the entire process, yielding a less bitter and more aromatic finished product that is not diluted with ice.
Author:
Recipe type: Drinks
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Place the coffee and water in a bowl or pitcher and stir to combine.
  2. Cover and put the bowl/pitcher in the fridge (I use a pitcher like this one that comes with a cover).
  3. Leave for at least 12 hours, or as much as 24.
  4. Strain through a fine mesh strainer lined with a coffee filter (this process will be slow). I strain into a jar and pour a little at a time as I do something else in the kitchen.
  5. This produces a coffee concentrate that can be diluted with water or milk to get the desired taste.

What’s your favorite type of coffee? Ever tried it cold brewed?

Cold Brew Coffee Recipe originally written by Wellness Mama.



from Wellness Mama » Blog http://wellnessmama.com/60906/cold-brew-coffee/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=cold-brew-coffee
via SEO Derby

No comments:

Post a Comment