Tuesday 24 November 2015

Inspiration: Tara Stiles

Tara Moscow 2

Name: Tara Stiles

Where do you live? SOHO, NYC

What sparked your interest in health and wellness? I grew up pretty healthy, in the country with a natural life. In high school and beyond, I realised how much of a natural and easy way of healthy living is missing from so many of us as we deal with life’s stresses. I wanted to help myself and those I cared about feel better. That was the start.

How did you build your passion for healthy living into a career? It wasn’t a plan. I started sharing what I saw could help people relax and feel better with simple posts, videos and a class in my apartment that evolved into Strala.

Who inspires you? Tao Porchon Lynch

Favourite quote? ‘Be here now’ – Ram Dass

What is your biggest achievement so far? Helping people feel better.

What’s your typical…

Breakfast: Spinach. Banana. Almond milk. Blended.

Lunch: Some sort of giant salad with whatever veggies I have in the house.

Snack: Guacamole, matcha, chocolate, or fruit.

Dinner: Something warm like a veggie bake, hearty soup or Asian noodle dish.

What’s your favourite dessert? All of them! I love my grandma’s everything cookies, coconut ice cream or chocolate chips from the fridge.

What’s the best recipe you’ve ever made? I have a pretty great veggie soup that friends and family eat up a lot of.

Where do you get the inspiration from to create so many awesome recipes? I was hungry, living in NYC, and needed to get creative if I wanted to live well.

What are the ingredients you can’t live without? Coconut milk, spinach, bananas, ginger, turmeric, hot sauce

Where are your favourite places to eat? Taco stands and diners.

tARA

What do you do to stay active? Strala Yoga as well as walk pretty much everywhere. Any outdoor activity I’m up for, but we don’t get a lot of that in NYC. I’ll hop on a plane to snowboard or hike.

What is your beauty routine? Sleep well. Phones out of the bedroom. Rest is the most important to me to feel and look fresh. Simple routine with loads of moisturizer and coconut oils and nothing else on the body or face unless I’m going to an event.

Do you have any favourite natural skin care products or awesome beauty recipes? I’m so boring and simple when it comes to beauty. Loads of Embryolisse. Asian heated sleep masks when I travel, and coconut oil all over my body after a bath or shower.

Where’s your favourite place in the world? Strala NYC tied closely with Kauai. Might have to merge the two eventually.

What makes you happy? When my work makes people happy.

Describe your perfect day…Lets just say we’re in Kauai. Good place to start. Wake up with the sun. Hop on the paddle boards with my husband Mike, cook breakfast, lead Strala classes, go for a hike with a group of friends, relax and watch the sunset.

Do you have any favourite tips and tricks to stay healthy and happy everyday? If I wake up too many days in a row stressed, I pinpoint what exactly is causing that stress, and make a change, no matter how complicated it seems. Sometimes it’s like pulling a piece of glass out of your foot. It’s going to hurt, but you’ll feel better instantly.

What’s next for you? 2016 is going to be so much fun! I’m headed to London in Feb to teach a Strala Training so will be spending some good quality time in the city. Excited for that. Strala is really growing around the world with some amazing Guides and studios open all around the world. I’ll be traveling a bit to catch up with some of the Strala studios in Europe, Asia and the US for events and lead workshops and have fun! I’m also shooting a lot of new yoga and also cooking videos to share on YouTube and for downloads at Strala in NYC. I’m exited to get back into making more videos for everyone. Also I have a new book Strala Yoga coming out next year! Loads of excitement. 

AwaySpaSunrise-Tara-1

The post Inspiration: Tara Stiles appeared first on Deliciously Ella.



from Deliciously Ella http://deliciouslyella.com/inspiration-tara-stiles/
via Free Spiritual Marketing

No comments:

Post a Comment