Wednesday 29 July 2015

Inspiration: Amelia Freer

Amelia Freer is a huge inspiration to so many people. She’s absolutely everywhere in the health world and is even inspiring celebrities like Sam Smith to get into healthy eating! I’ve only met her a couple of times but she seems to be so kind and most importantly she’s so passionate about wellness and is sharing such an accessible, positive message to the world. So I thought she’d be an amazing person to interview for the inspiration section. I loved reading her piece and I hope you all do too! b

Name: Amelia Freer

Where do you live? Notting Hill, London, and Wiltshire

What sparked your interest in health and wellness?

My health really wasn’t great from my early teens. I suffered with dreadful acne and was always exhausted, bloated with tummy aches and constantly getting bugs and viruses – I was just always run down. By the time I reached my early 20’s I just wanted to stay in bed all the time – I really lacked the vitality that a young girl in her 20’s should have.

How did you build your passion for healthy living into a career?

Once I realised that how I was eating was impacting my health, I was hooked. I really wanted to understand it all – what supplements to take and when and just have a deeper knowledge about food. It was entirely self-motivated! So I gave up my job and went to study for 4 years at the Institute for Optimum Nutrition. By the time I graduated my health was thriving and so I decided to set up my practice and see if I could help others. It really all just grew from there.

Who inspires you?

My clients – they overcome so much to change the way they eat and it’s a constant inspiration to see them become the people they’ve often struggled to be.

Favourite quote? ‘Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food’ Hippocrates

What is your biggest achievement so far?

My book ‘Eat. Nourish. Glow’. I ‘ve been overwhelmed with its success and the wonderful emails I have received from readers whose lives have been improved by my principles. I’m constantly humbled by the impact eating well can make to people’s physical and emotional well-being.

cb

What’s your typical…

Breakfast: A green juice and a boiled egg with avocado.

Lunch: A salad, lots of vegetables with chicken, fish or a quick omelette.

Snack: I avoid snacks but if I’m travelling, I’ll take sachets of nut butter to have with an apple or a Love Raw bar.

Dinner: I always prefer something warm and cooked in the evening so I’ll tend to make a curry, casserole or a soup. I often throw veg and meat in the slow cooker in the morning so there’s a lovely one-pot meal around in the evening.

What’s your favourite dessert?

Strangely, desserts are not my thing at all but if I were to really indulge it might be something like banoffe pie! I haven’t had that for about 15 years though but I do think about it 😉 Perhaps you can make a healthy version for me Ella? 😉

What’s the best recipe you’ve ever made?

Oh my goodness, hard to say. I suppose my creamy crab linguine, which is made with avocado, courgetti & fresh crab – it’s delicious.

Where do you get the inspiration from to create so many awesome recipes?

I’m a recipe-aholic! I’m constantly researching and trying new things – I’ve had to for so many years for my clients as well as myself. I do tend to be led by making favourite comfort foods healthier but often I just get creative with what’s in the fridge – I hate to waste food and I grow my own vegetables so that does dictate what I create. I’m a big fan of Jamie Oliver….but then, who isn’t?

What are the ingredients you can’t live without?

All things coconut! Avocado, lemons, chilli, green veg, eggs, olive oil…. I could go on and on, I love food!

Where are your favourite places to eat?

Mostly my own kitchen! I don’t like to eat out much although were I live in Notting Hill has an abundance of healthy options such as Daylesford Organic and the lovely Nama Foods, which I know you love too.

What do you do to stay active?

I do yoga as much as I possibly can, I cycle when in the country, play tennis and squash with my boyfriend and lots of long walks with my dogs.

What is your beauty routine?

Always cleanse, tone and moisturise twice a day. I bathe in Epsom salts twice a week, body brush and use a facemask once a week. I try to have a professional facial once a month – I love the Elemis Spa facials which are a little bit of science combined with a little bit of nature.

Do you have any favourite natural skin care products or awesome beauty recipes?

I love REN products and all of Tata Harper’s range. I use coconut oil on my hands and feet at night and I do oil “pulling” with coconut oil and brush my teeth with activated charcoal every so often to whiten them!

Where’s your favourite place in the world?

So many to choose from… I think it would have to be India where I first learnt yoga, years ago. And my vegetable garden!

What makes you happy?

Being calm – I hate to be stressed or anxious and don’t handle it well. Being with my dogs, lazy days with my boyfriend and having lots of family and friends for a feast around my table are really when I’m at my happiest. Or around animals – I love animals!

Describe your perfect day

Being in the countryside – I’m not really a city girl, I love to be in nature. Mostly I love picking fruit and vegetables from my organic garden, cooking a lovely meal to share with friends and family. Then a long walk with the dogs and finished with feet up for a movie. I’m quite simple really!

Do you have any favourite tips and tricks to stay healthy and happy everyday?

Health and happiness come from within so eat happy, healthy foods and always remember that how we feel and react is a choice and only we are the makers of our own happiness.

a



from Deliciously Ella http://deliciouslyella.com/inspiration-amelia-freer/
via Free Spiritual Marketing

No comments:

Post a Comment