Monday 28 September 2015

Monday Inspiration

My biggest focus this week has been my half marathon training, it’s such a mental challenge for me! I’m absolutely not a runner and I really don’t like to be pushed to my limit physically at all, so this is new territory for me. I really have to force myself to keep running, every minute I want to stop and just say ‘ok I quit, I’m terrible at this!’ So this week I wanted to find a quote that inspired me to keep going and do my best over the next two weeks before the race…

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

It’s so true that taking the more difficult road takes you to a better place, all challenges teach you something – even if it takes you a while to see what that was! I’m really learning that I can do more than I think I can and that I’m stronger, physically and mentally, than I give myself credit for. It’s really creating a great sense of pride and satisfaction and I’m feeling really proud of myself. When I did my first 12km without stopping last week I just couldn’t believe it, I was beaming all day! I still struggle with regulating my heart rate, when I’m totally upright and exerting myself it goes way too high – it’s about 180 when I run, whereas I push myself so much more in spin and it only goes to about 120. This gets frustrating but I’m pushing through it and reminding myself that it’s a million times better than it was a few years ago when I was ill, then I couldn’t walk down the street without it being that high so it’s a huge improvement! So this week I’m going to focus on believing that I can do more than I think I can, and I’m also going to keep recognising and celebrating my personal progress and achievements! Have a beautiful week everyone x

a

The post Monday Inspiration appeared first on Deliciously Ella.



from Deliciously Ella http://deliciouslyella.com/monday-inspiration-14/
via Free Spiritual Marketing

No comments:

Post a Comment