Monday 21 September 2015

Monday Inspiration

This week I’ve been thinking a lot about the negative side of social media. I really enjoy parts of it, as I think it can be a really useful and really inspiring tool. I particularly love instagram and really enjoy sharing photos of things I’m excited about, but lately I’ve noticed how negative it can get. Personally I’m finding myself more conscious of unkind comments, both on my account and on the site in general, and it’s made me think a lot about how I use it. Part of me thinks ‘ok maybe I should just stop if it affects me so much,’ but then I realize that I’m creating and building something I’m so passionate about and let’s be real not everyone is ever going to like you! So this quote seemed perfect for me this week…

The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be. Ralph Waldo Emerson

 It’s so easy to think you should change or edit parts of yourself to please others but really that won’t help anything. Accepting that you are you and not everyone is going to like everything you do has been an important process for me as Deliciously Ella has grown and it’s something I’m really working on. I’m definitely a sensitive person and can easily take criticism to heart but I’m really focusing on the fact that only I can decide who I want to be and if I’m happy then it doesn’t matter what other people think. So this week I’m going to focus on self love and acceptance, because I feel that’s such an important component for genuine happiness. Have a beautiful week everyone and remember that you’re awesome x

P.S. I’m going to do a big post on social media soon and how to stop it being a tool for comparisons, which I hope will be helpful for those of you who agree that it can be a bit tricky to navigate sometimes.

a

The post Monday Inspiration appeared first on Deliciously Ella.



from Deliciously Ella http://deliciouslyella.com/monday-inspiration-13/
via Free Spiritual Marketing

No comments:

Post a Comment