Wednesday 26 October 2016

My New Kitchen

I negotiated my way to a kitchen remodel over the summer. I’ve written two cookbooks, contributed without fail to this here little food blog for 7+ years, and cooked THOUSANDS of meals – if anyone feels they deserve a kitchen they love, I would argue, I’m a top contender ๐Ÿ˜‰

Was my old kitchen bad? Nope. But it wasn’t what I wanted and I passionately hated the blue. And, um, it was very blue as you can see…

before-1 before-2

The biggest changes were swapping placement of the fridge and cook top, removing the pantry and creating all new floor-to-ceiling cabinetry on slide-outs, and extending the island to accommodate 2 person seating on stools. We did not anticipate adding additional recessed lighting but we did and are SO glad that we did. We actually added 4 additional lights to the kitchen and 4 additional lights to our family room + the 3 pendant lights over the island in the kitchen. Our first floor is SO much brighter (and on dimmers).

So, here’s some after shots:

after-1 after-2 after-3

The pendants are from Kichler.

after-4

The cabinets are from Dynasty and the exterior color is called Magnolia and the island color is Battleship. I love the contrast.

The counter tops are from Cambria and are called “Ella” – a white with grey veining.

after-8

The back splash is a gray subway tile that has a shine and “crackle” appearance. I absolutely love it.

after-12

Our appliances are all Jenn Air and the oven/micro combo has WiFi capabilities and even has a picture of the St. Joseph, MI lighthouse. We’re representing our local attractions ๐Ÿ™‚

after-6 after-7 after-10

My beloved farmhouse sink is Kohler. We added in a beverage fridge (which is shown with some of my favorite beers if you’re looking for some recommendations ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) for easy entertaining.

after-5 after-13

The spice rack is also pretty dreamy – it’s the XL version for my needs ๐Ÿ˜‰

after-11

We also replaced small appliances, some of which are kept in my “kidney bean” “lazy-susan”…for lack of a better term.

after-9

We’re just getting the house back in order after it has been in complete disarray since before Piper was born. It has been fun to get back in the groove of cooking, albeit easy meals with my two littles. Perhaps my gorgeous new kitchen will keep me motivated to keep it clean and clutter-free. We’ll see ๐Ÿ˜‰

Be well,

sig4



from Prevention RD http://preventionrd.com/2016/10/my-new-kitchen/
via Heart Based Marketing

No comments:

Post a Comment