Tuesday 23 February 2016

Harder to Kill Radio 042: Why Strong is the New Strong with Steph Gaudreau

Harder to Kill Radio 042 - Women's Strength Summit | stupideasypaleo.com

Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | RSS feed | Review

Thank you to our incredible sponsors, Prep Dish and Fat Face Skincare

Check out our sponsor Prep Dish, a Paleo-based meal planning service. Each week, you receive an email that contains an organized grocery list & simple instructions for prepping your meals ahead of time. Not only is this a time saver, but the meals are simple AND delicious, for example: Smoky Paprika Chicken Legs with Roasted Carrots, Parsnips & Fennel or Chipotle Bison & Kale Chili. Prep Dish gives you step-by-step instructions for having a fridge full of homemade meals. 

Try it FREE for a month. Click here!

About Episode 42

Today, I decided to do something a bit different on Harder to Kill Radio: I turn the podcast mic on myself and tell the story about why I created a project that’s very near and dear to my heart: the Women’s Strength Summit.

I’m sitting down with my good friend Brenda Swann, a gym manager, health coach, and powerlifter here in San Diego, and explaining all about why this event is so important and why I’d love to see you join me starting March 1 online (it’s free to watch live!).

One thing I want to mention: it’s not “wrong” to have aesthetic goals or to want to look good, but I have a huge issue with the “strong is the new sexy” fitspiration out there at the moment.

First, strength isn’t a look…it’s an ability, something you do.

Second, there are thousands of resources out there from marketers who want you to buy their newest product so you can look sexier in a week. Those products – and you know this – are quick fixes, not long-term solutions to lifestyle challenges. If you’re looking for something that goes deeper, you’ve got to seek it out, and that’s one of the reasons I created the Summit.

Third, the objectification of women’s bodies in the health and fitness space is still rampant, and it continues to devalue our strengths, aspirations, goals, and dreams. It’s time to start a new conversation.

Remember to grab your free ticket right now, because the online event starts in less than a week!

In This Episode of Harder to Kill Radio, You’ll Learn:

  • What the Women’s Strength Summit is all about
  • How I came up with a list of speakers & why I chose the women I did
  • How I got the idea to create the Summit in the first place
  • Why this event is about more than just physical strength
  • Some of the topics & speakers I’m most excited about
  • Why men should watch, too

Links & Resources Mentioned In This Episode:

  • How to grab your free ticket to the Women’s Strength Summit
  • Watch this episode of Harder to Kill Radio on YouTube:

Sweet! Thanks for Tuning In!

Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback to share? Leave a note in the comment section below.

If you liked this episode, please share it via the social media buttons on the left side of the post.

I’d so appreciate if you take a moment to subscribe and leave a review for Harder to Kill Radio in iTunes! When you rate and review the show, it really helps others discover Harder to Kill Radio, and I am so grateful for your feedback.

Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | RSS feed | Review

Join me next week for Episode 43 for my interview with a teacher who’s doing something very unique to help his students learn how to be grown ups!

Pin these images from Harder to Kill Radio for later:

Harder to Kill Radio 042 - Women's Strength Summit | stupideasypaleo.com

Harder to Kill Radio 042 - Women's Strength Summit | stupideasypaleo.com

The post Harder to Kill Radio 042: Why Strong is the New Strong with Steph Gaudreau appeared first on Stupid Easy Paleo.



from Stupid Easy Paleo http://stupideasypaleo.com/2016/02/23/harder-to-kill-radio-042-why-strong-is-the-new-strong-steph-gaudreau/
via Holistic Clients

No comments:

Post a Comment