Thursday 11 January 2018

Thursday Thoughts – Pretty Things

Oh hai there, and welcome to a brand new feature on the blog…my Thursday Thoughts column.

Join me for the first ever Thursday Thoughts column right here on the blog. Find out what I'm crushing on this week and come hang out! | StupidEasyPaleo.com

Each Thursday I’m gonna check in with you about some of the stuff going through my brain…musings, things I’m digging, and cool things I find in my daily travels.

It’s my hope that you’ll get to know me even better because for a long time, I was a little too focused on “content” and got a bit distant. And while recipes, articles, and real talk matter, I want you to know I’m a pretty normal chick and to let you in on a bit more of my life.

These Thursday Thoughts columns will each have a main theme, but expect it to diverge from there. My goal is to share 7 things each time…but we’ll see if that sticks (heh!). And I really want to know in the comments what, if anything, resonates with you.

So here we go!

1) Can we talk for a sec about how frickin’ cute succulents are? I snapped the photo of the succulent wall above while walking in North Park, and it totally inspired me to get off my arse and buy some for the house. I’ve been on a quest of sorts since the new year to make our house (also our workplace), well, prettier. Not in a girly girl sort of way because that’s just not me…but in a pleasing, everything in its place sort of way. I also organized the bookcase by color. OMG that’s made me so happy! And, I picked up a piece of amethyst (my birth stone) at the farmers market.

Pretty things, for the win.

2) I’m tardy to the party yet again and just started watching The Crown. Holy bejeezus…this might just get me to learn something about history. (Sorry to Ms. Tenerowicz for falling asleep in class junior year.) I’m on Season 2…so far loving it though I heard mixed reviews. Are you watching?

3) Totally obsessed with this Zesty Detox Salad from Mickey Trescott. I’ve made it every single day this week! I switched up the dressing a little and made a really yummy balsamic vinaigrette. Which leads me to…

4) I started sprouting broccoli seeds. Believe it or not, out of all the crunchy / DIY things I’ve done (kombucha, homemade ghee, fermenting all sorts of veggies, etc) I’ve never done sprouts. Why broccoli sprouts? They’re super packed with sulforaphane, a potent antioxidant. I’ve got the basics down, but if you do your own sprouts, is there any tip / trick/ hack I neeeed to know?

5) For the ladies…if you’re looking for a cool Kickstarter to back and you’re a menstrual cup user, check out Keela Cup. It features an innovative design that should make removal way easier. I’ve been a cup user for about 6 months now, and I’m totally backing this.

6) Jiu jitsu is so hard. Every day. The end.

7) I’ve shared this in a couple places this week, but hey…here goes: toward the middle of 2018, this website is getting a complete makeover and a new name. And in the spirit of full transparency, I want you to know that I’ll be retiring the Stupid Easy Paleo name.

You’re still going to get the same rad content about fitness, nutrition, and mindset (yay!) plus a bunch of new, rad features. I’m so pumped about this next evolution, and I want you to feel included along every step of the way…nothing big will be happening for a while, but when we’re ready to start the process, you’ll be the first to know. SQUEEEEEE!

Join me for the first ever Thursday Thoughts column right here on the blog. Find out what I'm crushing on this week and come hang out! | StupidEasyPaleo.com

(Oh, and here’s Ellie ready to chew on checking out the succulents.)

Okay, anything here resonate with you? Let me know in the comments below, and thanks for reading the first of many Thursday Thoughts!

The post Thursday Thoughts – Pretty Things appeared first on Stupid Easy Paleo.



from Stupid Easy Paleo https://www.stupideasypaleo.com/2018/01/11/thursday-thoughts-pretty-things/
via Holistic Clients

No comments:

Post a Comment