Thursday 25 January 2018

Thursday Thoughts – Duality

Welcome to this week’s installment of Thursday Thoughts…where I take some time to let you in on what’s happening in my world.

In today's Thursday Thoughts, I'm mulling over the idea of duality, fancy work spaces, sweet potato bowls, and my upcoming strength program, Made Strong. | StupidEasyPaleo.com

1) Last year, when I was at the Radiance Retreat, Erin Brown did a reading for me. One of the things that came up was this idea of embracing femininity and softness…to which I remember having a bit of a visceral reaction. See, I’m not a very “feminine” woman in the traditional sense of the word. And I don’t find joy in a lot of things that other females do. Make up and pretty nails and shopping aren’t my thing.

I struggled for many months with this idea of femininity rolling around in my brain because I’m 100% committed to being Steph. That means I like what I like, I am who I am (though I’m open to learning and change), and there just certain things I do and don’t enjoy. Honoring that is really important.

But then I realized that maybe I was thinking of duality – or polar opposites – instead of the shades of grey in the spectrum of what “feminine” or “masculine” could mean. And it occurred to me that my intuition, empathic nature (I’m an HSP), and other qualities are how “femininity” shows up for me daily. The takeaway for you is that the characteristics you may see as dual or binary may not be at all. Hopefully that gives you some peace of mind.

2) The little spot in this photo is my “fancy office” where I record videos and such. It’s nothing more than a corner of our living/dining room. Point being, you don’t need a big space if you’re a creator. Just start making things and stop worrying how legit or professional or polished everything looks. Oh, and the sheepskin covering on that bench is so, so cozy. Ellie (our cat) can’t decide whether she wants to knead and groom it, or if she’s terrified of it.

3) Sweet potato breakfast bowls are my new food love. You can make them savory or sweet, pile on the toppings, and customize them exactly how you want. I’ll be including a recipe for sweet potato breakfast bowls in the upcoming book. Yay! Just make sure to serve with a side of protein to start your day off right. I paired mine with my 7-minute foolproof eggs.

4) Thank you SO much for all the book recommendations last week. So many great ideas! I’d already started Crash Override by Zoe Quinn. It’s not for the faint of heart or easily freaked out…at all. Basically it’s about online harassment, and as someone who works primarily online, it’s made me pause and think.

5) Taking up space is such a big theme right now, and it’s so freakin’ awesome to see so many women talking about stepping into your own power, having presence, and not shrinking away from the challenges that come your way. This week’s podcast with Kourtney Thomas is, in fact, called Taking Up Space…and I’ve also read some powerful pieces from Chrissy King and Taylor Gage in the past few days alone.

6) I’m SO close to finishing my new strength program, Made Strong. OMG, this is so exciting! Here’s the gist: sixty different workouts based on simple movement patterns: push, pull, squat, hinge, and carry. Each workout is 45 minutes or less and is going to help you get in amazing shape with minimal equipment. Simple, effective, and you only need 3 workouts a week. I know you’re probably busy AF and don’t have 2+ hours to spend working out every single day. Totally not necessary or practical. You’ve got a life to live. Look for Made Strong coming soon. Better yet, get on my newsletter list so you’re the first to hear about it.

7) I really want to go to Iceland this year. Have you been? Know someone that went? Recommendations? Let me know in the comments!

8) (I know, I added an extra one.) Did you do the greyscale phone screen experiment? What happened? Did it work for you?

What resonated with you? Write me back in the comments! I’d love to hear from you.

The post Thursday Thoughts – Duality appeared first on Stupid Easy Paleo.



from Stupid Easy Paleo https://www.stupideasypaleo.com/2018/01/25/thursday-thoughts-duality/
via Holistic Clients

No comments:

Post a Comment