Tuesday 23 June 2015

Recommendations: 26 Grains

26grains6blog

As lots of you know I am obsessed with porridge, it’s one of my all time favourite foods! Last year one of my favourite people in the heath food scene started a porridge pop up, 26 Grains, and I’m so excited to say that Alex has now opened her first cafe in Neal’s Yard, Covent Garden! The best thing about the site is that it’s five minutes from my office so I can find a way to go almost every day and sate my porridge cravings. This isn’t just any boring porridge though, Alex makes gourmet grains! The menu changes a lot but when I came to take these photos they were serving five different porridges, my favourites were the blueberry, carrot and rhubarb. The rhubarb bowl was filled with an oat and buckwheat blend, rhubarb compote, coconut yoghurt and cardamon granola. The blueberry bowl was filled coconut milk oats, homemade blueberry compote, fresh strawberries, almond butter, rye granola and tasted coconut pieces. Both were just heaven! The carrot bowl was the most unusual but maybe the most delicious, it was made of oats and rye cooked with carrot juice, toasted nuts raisin, grated apple and ginger maple dressing!

26grains2blog26grains4blog

26grainsblog

26 grains also has awesome on-the-go cold bowls like their vanilla bircher muesli and savoury grain bowls, which taste amazing. My favourite is the tomato and coconut bowl which is filled with coconut and tomato short grain brown rice, avocado, toasted almonds and sprouts – it’s like a hug in a bowl! Honestly I couldn’t recommend going to check this place out more, it’s so perfect. It doesn’t look or feel healthy, the food is stunning and everything tastes incredible. They also make the best almond milk latte’s, fresh ginger and mint teas, homemade lemonade and a fermented blackberry and sparkling water drink so you can sip on something delicious while you devour your grains!

26grains5blog26grains3blog



from Deliciously Ella http://deliciouslyella.com/recommendations-26-grains/
via Free Spiritual Marketing

No comments:

Post a Comment